Tuesday, November 19, 2013

4th letter

Hey Yall! Okay here is a quick update. Sorry it is so short, but hopefully the pictures will make up for that! I can not believe that we have less that 2 weeks here!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHH!!!!! I am super excited and SUPER nervous! I am going to miss my district so much! I wish I had more time to share all of the funny stories and things that happen! So last week I had a SUPER bad toothache, and it was decided that I will need a root canal. I had an appointment for Tuesday. Then on Saturday we were notified that our district would be flying to Las Vegas to get our visas. So my appointment has been changed to Monday. Pray for me please! I am not looking forward to it, but I guess I would rather have it done here than in Mexico! So on Tuesday we got up at 3:30am to meet the bus for the airport at 4:30am. It was so weird to be out in the real world! A nice lady on our flight offered to take our picture and send it to our moms. Mom did you get the picture? We were picked up in Las Vegas by Elder Greer (a service missionary) and then were held hostage at the UNLV Institute for about 5 hours... okay maybe it was more like 2 but it really felt longer! Then we went to the Mexican Consulate! It was so weird because we were so out of place! It was awesome!!!! We all went in and sat for a bit. Then we would get called up, get our finger prints taken, 2 pictures taken and then we were done and the next person would get in the chair. We were probably done in about an hour. So guess what!?!?!?! WE ALL HAVE OUR VISAS!!!!!!!!! It was one of the best sights I have ever seen! I did not want to give my passport back! It is such a relief that we will all be able to fly to Mexico together! I am really grateful for that! After that we went back to the institute for about an hour, and then we went back to the airport. We got back to the MTC around 9:00pm and were SOOOOO TIRED!!!!!!!!! But we celebrated getting our visas with sparkling cider (thanks mom, dad, and family for the package!) and it was awesome! The only bummer was that we missed the Tuesday night devotional and guess who the speaker was..... L. Tom Perry! Big bummer! Both Filipe and Carmen (my investigators) are progressing and I am really coming to love them! It is so cool how that happens! Okay cool story time! When I first got here all the Hermanas were talking about some of our quirks and I warned my Hermana that sometimes when I am stressed or have a lot on my mind I talk in my sleep. The other day Hermana Schaser goes "Hermana Ashcraft you were talking in your sleep last night..... IN SPANISH!!!!!!!!" WHAT!?!?!?!? How weirdly awesome is that?!?!?!?! Too bad I can remember my dream! Also Hermana Sumsion said that she thinks the MTC feels like you are in the protective bubble thing in Percy Jackson. That is probably the most accurate description I have heard! I love you all! I miss you all! But I am growing so much and I am so excited to go and teach the people of Monterrey! Love, Hermana Ashcraft

No comments:

Post a Comment