Monday, December 16, 2013

HEy yall! It is kind of weird to be writing again so soon! So this week has been a bit crazy. My Comp is one of the Sister Training Leaders which means that sometimes she has to go to meetings or go visit other sisters. This week she had a meeting with the mission leaders, which ment that I went to "day care" with Hermana Schaser (her comp is the other Sister training leader) ("Day care" is better known as Splits, but sense it was our Mission Moms who were busy we decided that it was day care)! I was kind of nervous to be with a new comp for the day in a new area. But it was really fun! The hermana that I got paired with was really excited to practice her English with me and was more than willing to help me with my Espanol. So the weather here has been CRAZY!!!!!!!!!! Earlier this week it was so hot that I was wearing short sleeves and sweating and then on Saturday it was 2ÂȘC!!!!!!!! (and yes i am doing everything in C. because I dont know how to convert it and I dont really want to spend the time to learn) Saturday we did a service project at one of the members houses where we cleaned out her whole kitchen. And then on Sunday we did a service project with our zone where we went to a local hospital and stood outside and sang christmas hymns, and gave out hot chocolate and sweet bread. It was so funny! Hermana Monroy was talking with one lady and got her contact information. She went to give the lady a folleto and all of a sudden there were like 15 other people reaching for a folleto too! IT was kind of crazy!!!!!! We also watched the Church Christmas Broadcast yesterday. It was really weird to hear all of the Apostles "speaking" in spanish! Expecially President Uchtdorf! He did not have a German accent! So just a little more info... the house that we live in is really big! there is a bed room and a study room and a living room and kitchen and bathroom..... but there is no furniture in half of the rooms!!!!!!! I will have to send a picture! literally the only thing in our living room is the ironing board and our christmas tree on the wall! :) Thank you all so much for your Christmas cards!!!!!!!! I open one every morning!!!!! It is so great to start my day like that! Love you all! Hermana Ashcraft

No comments:

Post a Comment